The Juniper Networks Engineering Scholarship
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
The Juniper Networks Engineering Scholarship provides support to students of California, Virginia, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Canada. The program aims to help students who are pursuing a degree in STEM.
- 10 awards
- February 2018
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Minimum GPA:3.50
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must have the intention to enroll full-time in a four-year university.
- Residence:The applicant must be residents of San Mateo County and Santa Clara County in California; Fairfax County, Loudoun County, and Prince Williams County in Virginia; Middlesex County and Worcester County in Massachusetts, New Jersey and Ottawa West (Kanata, Nepean, Bells Corners, Stittsville, Dunrobin, Richmond, Fitzroy) in Ontario, Canada. They must be a legal resident (or United States or Canadian citizen).
- Citizenship:The applicant must be a United States or Canadian citizen (or legal resident).
- College:The student must be enrolled in a four-year university.
- Major/Career:The awardee must be planning to major in engineering. Preference will be given to students pursuing majors in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering and computer networking.
- Extracurricular:The student must have demonstrated community involvement over a period of several years.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Upload a typed Word doc or PDF personal statement of at least 500 words, but no longer than 850 words (approximately 2-3 pages, double-spaced). Title the statement with your last name, first name and middle initial. In the statement, you must address the following prompts:Describe your short- and long-range goals and how furthering your education will assist you in reaching those goals.Comment on the personal characteristics, educational and extracurricular activities that have helped prepare you for college.Reflect on your personal journey (significant accomplishments, challenges and/or hardships) and any life lessons that you think will help you succeed in college.Indicate why you believe you are a good candidate for the specific scholarship(s) for which you are applying.Sign and date your personal statement.
- Recommendation Letters:Upload a PDF of two signed and dated letters of reference as instructed below. Scan your two signed and dated letters of reference into one single PDF file. Only two letters will be considered by the selection committee.One letter from a teacher or academic advisor on school letterhead.One letter from a volunteer or work supervisor, community leader or personal acquaintance. (Letters from work or volunteer supervisors must be on the organizations letterhead. Personal acquaintance letters cannot come from parents or relatives.)Each letter must be signed and dated. Letters of reference that were written for other scholarships or college applications for the current academic year are acceptable; however, keep in mind that these may not speak to how you are the best candidate for the scholarship for which you are currently applying.
- Other Materials:Evidence of financial need must be submitted for all community foundation managed scholarship programs. Upload PDFs of the item that applies to you (see below).Do not assume you wont be eligible for any federal or state financial aid. Many institutional and private scholarships require that you complete the FAFSA to be considered for these types of awards. If your or your familys financial situation drastically changes, your financial aid office will have your FAFSA application on file and you will be able to request an appeal. By appealing a financial aid award, some students are able to secure thousands of dollars in additional grants and student loans.
- Phone: (650) 450-5487
- Email: email@example.com
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Science Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Civil Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Industrial Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Mechanical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Technology Majors
- Scholarships for Electrical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Nuclear Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Bioengineering Majors
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors