University Journalism Scholarships
Ohio Newspapers Foundation
This scholarship was established to benefit students majoring in journalism, advertising, marketing, or communications degree program in an Ohio college or university. Students demonstrating a career commitment to newspaper journalism are given preference.
- 3 awards
- March 2019
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicant must be enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior at an Ohio college or university
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- College:Applicant must be enrolled as a sophomore, junior or senior at an Ohio college or university
- Major/Career:Students who are enrolled in an Ohio college or university and majoring in a field relevant to our industry, particularly journalism, advertising, marketing, or communications degree program.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Recommendation Letters:Two letters of recommendation from college or university faculty members familiar with the students work and career interests.
- Portfolio/Work Samples:Writing samples, articles or other relevant materials such as web links and PDF files used to display design or advertising content.
- Other Materials:- A completed application form- 750 to 1,000 Word Autobiography describing academic and career interests, awards, extracurricular activities and any journalism- related activities. Emphasis should be given to students course of study as it pertains to the newspaper industry.
- Name: Ann Riggs
- Phone: (614) 486-6677
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Consumer Science Majors
- Scholarships for Business Management Majors
- Scholarships for Marketing Majors
- Scholarships for Accounting Majors
- Scholarships for Finance Majors
- Scholarships for Real Estate Majors
- Scholarships for Advertising Majors
- Scholarships for Entrepreneurship Majors
- Scholarships for Operations Majors
- Scholarships for Financial Services Majors
- Scholarships for Communications Majors