Senator Grady and Andrine Smith Hazlewood Scholarship
Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF), Inc.
The late Senator Grady and Mrs. Andrine Hazlewood started this scholarship to financially assist deserving graduating senior from high schools within the Texas Panhandle. Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- 1 award
- February 2022
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Graduating senior from high school
- Minimum GPA:2.50
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Maintain a 2.5 or better cumulative GPA while in college
- Residence:Residents of the Texas Panhandle
- Citizenship:Applicants must be a US citizen (or a permanent resident)
- School:Graduating senior from high schools located in the 26 northernmost counties of the Texas Panhandle
- College:Must attend Amarillo College, Texas Tech University, or West Texas A&M University
- Major/Career:Major in field of choice
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Recommendation Letters:Two (2) letters of recommendation - one letter should be from a teacher you had in high school and the second letter should be from a pastor, employer, coach, mentor, etc. Letters written by family members are not permitted.
- Other Materials:Proof of U.S. Citizenship (photocopy of U.S. birth certificate) or legal permanent residency status ACT and/or SAT scores (if scores appear on the back of your high school transcript, no additional documents are necessary) Page one (1) of current year IRS tax Form 1040 for household (if current year is not available, previous year will be accepted)
- Name: Connie Bradford
- Phone: (806) 350-4518
- Email: [email protected]