Wilma Motley Memorial California Merit Scholarship
American Dental Hygienists' Association (ADHA) Institute for Oral Health
Wilma Motley Memorial California Merit Scholarshipis a scholarship for students who demonstrate leadership experience in addition to meeting the minimum grade point average. These scholarships will be awarded solely on merit and do not have a financial needs requirement. The program requires applicants must be either a resident of California or attend a dental hygiene program in California.
- 3 awards
- February 2023
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:Applicants must be enrolled in a Associate/Certificate in dental hygiene, Baccalaureate degree, degree completion in dental hygiene, Registered Dental Hygienist in Alternative Practice (RDHAP), Master's or Doctorate degree in dental hygiene or related field.
- Minimum GPA:3.50
- Financial Need:Not Required
- Other Academic Requirements:Must have completed a minimum of one year in a dental hygiene program prior to receiving an ADHA Institute scholarship award. Students may be in the process of completing their first year when application is submitted;
- Residence:Applicants must be a resident of California.
- College:Must be enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States
- Major/Career:Applicants must be pursuing an accredited dental hygiene program in the United States.
- Organization:Applicants must be a professional member or student member of the American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA).
- Transcript:Not required
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:All applicants must prepare a goal statement in 100 words or less describing: 1) your long-term career goals following graduation; 2) your intended contribution to the dental hygiene profession; 3) your professional interests; and 4) how your extracurricular activities and your degree enhance the attainment of your goals.
- Other Materials:Applicants must submit the student application with the following: Faculty Evaluation Section: This section of the application is to be completed by your faculty advisor or another member of your dental hygiene faculty.Program Director Section: This section of the application is to be completed by your dental hygiene program director.
- Phone: (312) 440-8944
- Email: [email protected]
- Scholarships for Food Science Majors
- Scholarships for Mathematics Majors
- Scholarships for Applied Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Natural Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Statistics Majors
- Scholarships for Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Computer Science Majors
- Scholarships for Physical Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Life Sciences Majors
- Scholarships for Chemical Engineering Majors
- Scholarships for Dentistry Majors