Joseph A. Sowa Scholarship
Ke Ali'i Pauahi Foundation
Joseph A. Sowa Scholarship is a $1,600 fund provided to a student who needs financial assistance in pursuing a post-secondary study. The applicant must major in the communications field.
- 1 award
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be either a classified undergraduate or graduate student.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Required
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must be enrolled full-time.
- Character Traits:The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to contribute to the greater community.
- College:The applicant must be enrolled in a two- or four-year, accredited college institution in Hawai`i or the continental U.S.
- Major/Career:The awardee must major in the field of communications.
- Resume/Activity List:Required
- Essay:Submit an essay describing your plan to maximize the potential of young people through communication as well as demonstrate the possession of leadership potential in the community.
- Recommendation Letters:Submit two letters of recommendation from teacher, counselor, employer or community organization demonstrating the students moral & ethical traits are in alignment with Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishops, including self-discipline, scholarship and extracurricular involvement.
- Other Materials:The application must include a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Phone: (808) 541-5300
- Email: [email protected]