PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship
Public Relations Society of America
PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship is provided to full-time undergraduate students through the PRSA Foundation. The program was established in 1989 to support young men and women for their outstanding achievement in academics and involvement in public relations. The program awards two grant of $1,500.
- 2 awards
- May 2020
- Scholarship Website
- Age/Grade Level:The applicant must be an undergraduate student. The applicant must be a junior student by fall.
- Minimum GPA:3.0
- Financial Need:Not Mentioned
- Other Academic Requirements:The applicant must be a full-time student.
- College:The applicant must be attending college at an accredited four-year college or university.
- Major/Career:A major or minor in public relations is also preferred. A student who attends a school that does not offer a public relations degree or program must be enrolled in a communications degree program (e.g., journalism or mass communications).
- Ethnicity:The applicant must be of African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander ancestry.
- Organization:Membership in the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is preferred but is not a requirement.
- Resume/Activity List:Not required
- Essay:A typed, double-spaced two-page essay, on one of the following topics:Why does diversity matter to the public relations industry? What is the significance of having a diverse workforce in the public relations industry?How is diversity enacted in everyday public relations practice?What recent multicultural communication efforts have helped to bridge the gap between the community and the company/institution?
- Recommendation Letters:A brief letter of recommendation from a PRSA member or an individual associated with the public relations profession (corporate, agency, government, non-profit) or higher education.
- Phone: (212) 460-1474
- Email: [email protected]